Sunday, December 31, 2006

The year is over

The year is over, today is the last day and in just 11 hours I will celebrate the New Year with my family and friends. In Spain I usually have dinner at home with my family, at midnight we eat the 12 grapes and then, I go outside with my friends.
During this week I have been very busy. I saw my friends, I spent time with my family, I read a book, I went shopping, and I play ludo, my favorite table game! I won my parents the last three days, and this is incredible because I used to lose always!
Yesterday was a sad day in Spain. The terrorist group ETA putted another bomb at the new terminal in Barajas airport. This bomb can mean the stop of the cease-fire of nine months and the beginning of innocent deaths and fears in the population.

Front page of the Spanish paper "El Pais"
ETA revienta el alto al fuego

And now in Spanish...
Y ahora en español...

El año se termina, hoy es el último día y en sólo once horas celebraré la llegada del Año Nuevo con mi familia y mis amigos. En España, yo ceno en casa con mi familia, a las 12 comemos doce uvas y después salgo con mis amigos.
Durante esta semana he estado muy ocupada. He visto a mis amigos, pasé tiempo con mi familia, leí un libro, fui de compras y jugué el parchís, mi juego de mesa preferido. Gané a mis padres las últimas tres veces que ganamos y eso fue increíble porque yo siempre perdía.
Ayer fue un día triste en España. El grupo terrorista ETA puso otra bomba en la nueva terminal del aeropuerto de Barajas. La bomba puede paralizar la tregua de nueve meses y el comienzo de la muerte de inocentes y el miedo entre la población.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.