Saturday, May 26, 2007

China is great

More than 10 days in China and I just have to say good things about this country. I am really tired because in this trip we don't stop one moment. We go from one city to other, by bus, by train and by plane. We visited museums, families, farms, monuments, we have some lectures and we visit some cultural resources.
So far we have been in Beijing, Luoyang, Tai'an, Tianjin and now we are in Chengdu. Tomorrow we are going to see the Pandas and in the afternoon we are going to fly to Lhasa and we are going to visit Tibet.
In total we are 21 students, 3 Drake professors and other two adults, and a Chinese guide and a city guide are always with us. Sometimes is hard because not everybody speaks English, so they have to translate things and explain to us the things. This is a picture of our group with Miron, our Chinese guide who is seating next to me.
One thing that have surprised me a lot is the food. I really like Chinese food, probably more than American food. We eat always together, we seat in three tables and the plates full of delicious food are in the middle as you can see in this picture of my table. Normally we never finished the food but this time was a special dinner and we did.
I love taking pictures and in this trip I have taken so many! More than 1,000 already! And I am going to be in China for another 2 months and a half. But everyday we do so many different things. I really like taking pictures of Chinese people, as you can see in the next picture, there are two Chinese pictures that we met while we were visiting the White Horse Temple.
That's all for today. Not it is 11.30 p.m. and Rita is going to bed because tomorrow we have to be ready by 8 a.m. at the hotel's lobby to see the pandas while they are eating breakfast. I am writing from a Starbucks in the city center of Chengdu, just in front of our hotel!! So lucky to have access after so many days without service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so exxciting to see your blog . Because I will be an international freshman in Drake University and now I am in Chengdu my hometown. My name is Zhang Weiwei,english name is Vivian. you can contact me with zww312341700@yahoo.com Maybe I could give you more imformation which you interested about this city@.@
have a nice day!!!!!!!good luck!

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.