Saturday, June 9, 2007

Exploring Shanghai

Last Tuesday I was afraid. When my friends left and I stayed alone in the middle of huge Shanghai. First time alone in an Asian country. I don't know Chinese and not everybody speaks English.
After being talking with my family and my professors, I decided to stay and wait until June 15, when I'm moving to Beijing to start a summer program with IES.
After one week I can say that everything has worked. I have been busy working with pictures I took during the trip in China, I wrote a lot for my Spanish blog, I worked on my intellectual journal and I explore Shanghai.
I went to the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center, I visited the Shanghai Art Museum, I walked a lot everyday, I visited some libraries, I'm reading an amazing book about women in China, I bought some American movies, I visited other Chinese gardens, I read a newspaper in English called "Shanghai Daily" and I wrote some postcards.

Shanghai Television tower
Shanghai Daily, Shanghai's newspaper written in English
With Angel, a friend from Drake who is working in ShanghaiSome paintings from the Shanghai Art Museum
With one of the mascots of Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.