Sunday, January 21, 2007

I miss Asturias

I miss Asturias, the nice weather, the mountains, the beaches, and the public transportation to go everywhere.
But I like Drake: the classes, the people and the teachers, Mars Cafe, the Knapp Center, the basketball games, or the weekends with French friends.
In the next weeks, I hope I can go to the Civic Center to see the "Phantom of the Opera." I am talking with some people to write a story for one of my classes about the backstage, and how the people organize everything.
Last year I wrote a story about musicals in Madrid and I had the opportunity of see the backstage of "Fame" and spend time with the actors while they were dressing and making up. And it was great.

Asturias photo presentation- Presentación de imágenes de Asturias

"Fama" musical in Madrid- Musical "Fama en Madrid
P1010345
"Fama" interpretation- Interpretación de "Fama"
P1010014
"Phantom of the opera"- "El fantasma de la ópera"
El fantasma de la ópera
And now in Spanish...
Y ahora en español...

Echo de menos Asturias, el buen tiempo, las montañas, las playas, y el transporte público para ir a todos los sitios.
Pero me gusta Drake: las clases, la gente y los profesores, Mars Cafe, el Knapp Center, los partidos de baloncesto, los fines de semana con mis amigas francesas, etc.
En los próximas semanas, espero poder ir al Civic Center a ver"El fantasma de la ópera". Estoy hablando con gente para poder escribir una noticia para una de mis clases, sobre el trabajo entre bastidores, y como la gente lo organiza todo.
El año pasado escribí una noticia sobre los musicales en Madrid y tuve la oportunidad de ver el trabajo entre bastidores de "Fama" y de estar tiempo con los actores mientras se vestían y se maquillaban. Y fue genial.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.