Thursday, January 25, 2007

Working in campus

I have worked on campus since the first day I arrived at Drake. I first started working as a Spanish language partner for DULAP. In this program I met amazing people such as Jan Marston, Priscila Pipper, Clayton Mitchell and my students. I have discovered that I like teaching and learning American culture with them.
Then, I discovered The Times-Delphic paper, and I wrote some articles, and after the first stories, I am taking some pictures too. It was very difficult to write the first story, but now it is easier, and I will miss the paper when I go back home.
In December, I started to write this blog. I love blogging, and I think it is great to have this opportunity and to tell about my experiences. I have received very nice comments about it and a gift card to use at Mars Cafe.
This semester I have another job. I work at Meredith, the communications building, doing photocopies, taking mail, checking phone calls, etc. It is pretty easy, and when I have free time I can do my homework.
I need to save money to go to China, but also I would like to do more travels in the United States.

DULAP Center- Centro del DULAP
Dulap 002
The Times-Delphic
The Times-Delphic
My office at Meredith- La oficina en Meredith
Meredith Office

And now in Spanish
Y ahora en español

Desde el primer día que llegué a Drake estoy trabajando en el campus. Primero comencé trabajando como ayudante de español en el DULAP. En este programa he conocido a gente increíble como Jan Marston, Priscila Pipper, Clayton Mitchell, o mis estudiantes. He descubierto que me gusta enseñar y aprender sobre la cultura americana con mis estudiantes.
Después, descubrí el periódico The Times-Delphic, y escribí artículos, después de unos cuantos, ahora también hago fotos. Fue difícil escribir el primer, pero ahora es más fácil y echaré de menos el periódico el año que viene.
En diciembre comencé a escribir este blog. Me encanta bloggear y creo que es genial tener esta oportunidad y poder contar mis experiencias. He recibido comentarios muy amables sobre lo que estoy haciendo y una tarjeta de regalo para usar en Mars Café.
Y por último, este semestre tengo un nuevo trabajo. En Meredith, en el edificio de comunicación, hago fotocopias, reparto el correo, contesto al teléfono, etc. Es muy fácil y si tengo tiempo libre puedo hacer mis deberes.
Necesito ahorrar dinero para poder ir a China y también me gustaría poder hacer más viajes en Estados Unidos.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.