Thursday, February 8, 2007

Another busy week

Yes, it was another really busy week. I have too much homework, and I am doing to many activities, but if I do not do them, I got bored, so I can not complaint.
I was reading a couple of books: "If I live to be 100" and "Walden." I think the last one, most of the people in my class have already read at High School, but I did not. Probably it can be weird, but I did not know about Henry David Thoreau before.
I have written two stories and they have being published! The first one is about the premiere of "Volver" at Des Moines, and it was published at "Drake Digital News".
The other one is about the documentary "A Little Salsa on the Prairie" that talks about the arrival of Latinos at Perry, a city in Iowa. It was published at the Times-Delphic. It is a very interesting movie.
Yesterday I went to see "The Phantom of the Opera" at Downtown, at the Civic Center. The play was great. I was very lucky because after the play one of the workers of the musical gave me a tour through the backstage and I was at the stage, and I felt like an artist.
And finally the weekend is coming and tomorrow I am going to New York again! Yes, it is the third time in the last year, but a Spanish friend has come to see me from Spain and I am going to see her. I think it is going to be freezing, but I am sure we are going to have fun.

Discussing "A Little Salsa on the Prairie"- Hablando sobre "A Little Salsa on the Prairie"
Presentacion del documenal

And now in Spanish...
Y ahora en español...

Sí, esta semana estuve muy ocupada. Tuve muchos deberes, estoy apuntada en muchas actividades, pero sino las hago, me aburro, así que no me quejo.
Estuve leyendo un par de libros: "If I live to be 100" y"Walden". Yo creo que éste último, la mayoría de la gente de mi clase ya lo leyó en el colegio, pero yo no. Puede que os parezca extraño, pero yo no sabía quién era Henry David Thoreau antes de tener esta clase.
También he escrito dos noticias y me las han publicado. Una era sobre el estreno de "Volver en Des Moines" y fue publicado en "Drake Digital News".
El otro es sobre el documental "A Little Salsa on the Prairie que trata sobre la llegada de latinos a Perry, una ciudad en Iowa. El artículo fue publicado en el Times-Delphic. Fue una película muy interesante.
Ayer fui a ver "El fantasma de la ópera" al centro de Des Moines, en el Civic Center. La obra estuvo genial. Y tuve suerte de que cuando terminó uno de los trabajadores del musical me dio un tour por camerinos y el escenario y me sentí como una artista sobre el escenario.
Y por fin, el fin de semana llega y mañana me voy a Nueva York otra vez. Sí, la tercera vez este año, pero es que una amiga española ha venido a verme desde España y voy allí a verla. Creo que va a hacer mucho frío, pero creo que me lo voy a pasar muy bien.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.