Monday, April 23, 2007

Good news

In the last post, I wrote that I have had more news to tell you. The most important one is that I have been accepted to do a course during summer.
I applied to some programs and I was accepted to do one in Wales and another in China. Finally I decided to take the China one. So after my trip with Drake University, I will stay there for another nine weeks.
Now, I don't want to complain but I have so many things to decide and look at that it is going to be hard to do everything. And the finals week is arriving.
So, I have decided to make two lists with the things I have to do and the information I have to look at depending of the program: health insurance, money, passport & visa, baggage, clothes, laptop, hospitals, weather conditions, Chinese dictionary, information about the places, batteries for the camera, vaccines, flight tickets to come back to Des Moines in August, tickets to go back to Spain, etc.
I am sure that I am forgetting things. Ok, I am a world traveler since five years ago and I have lived a lot of difficult situations with people like lost baggage when I arrived here, my camera was stolen in Rome, my phone was stolen in Madrid, a friend fell down in a street in Greece and went to hospital for two months, a person threw her baggage to the trash without taking her flight tickets in Athens, etc.
But this situation is different. It is Asia. I have never been there before and I do not know Chinese at all. I am nervous, happy, but above all excited.
Mapa de China

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.