Sunday, April 8, 2007

ISA Formal

On Friday I went to the ISA Formal (International Student Association).
I met with my friends at Olmsted Center and we went by limo to a hotel Downtown Des Moines to have dinner and dance.
We arrived at the hotel around 8 p.m. and the dinner was ready to start. We ate salad, beef or chicken, chocolate cake and coffee. The best surprise was that there was bread! Like Spanish bread that I miss a lot!
When the dinner finished they gave some awards and I won the last one, probably the funniest, called "I is international student of the year." Ok, my English is not perfect but people understand me and I understand them, so we can talk and have conversations! It was very funny, because one of my friends support a campaign for me and I won.
One of my friends won "The best Malaysian student of the year," my RA won another one also, etc..
Then, the dance started and we had so much fun. I really liked it because we were around 120 people from countries all over the world and I know most of them.

Meeting in Olmsted
Todas!!
Inside the limo
Limo baby!
People from my table and other internationals
Our table
My award: "My little elephant"
Rita y "Mi elefante"
With "The Malaysian student of the year"
Fiona y Rita 002
Dancing
Bailando 002

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.